Technip had in place an application, based on Lotus Notes, used by Final Users to declare bugs and submit new and evolution requests on Application Portfolio.
The IT Application Team used to take care of the requests and to update them until the delivery of the requested solutions. The Final Users used that system to follow the full lifecycle of the submitted requests.
Technip has also in place a separate system, ITIL based, where Change Management and Release Management processes are managed: the Application Team had to manually synchronize data among the two applications.
The main objective of the project is to replace the existing application based on Lotus Notes, preserving the functionalities used by the Final Users, but also improving the efficacy and the efficiency by integrating it with Technip’s Service Management System in order to automatically synchronize the two systems.
The required system will be the unique interface for the Final Users to monitor the full request lifecycle up to software release.
Hierarchical and Technical approvals of requests as well as User Acceptance test approvals are performed on the new system.
The new system will have to actively integrate with the existing Service Management System in order to submit new Software Development requests, retrieve their status and trace user activities, as the Test Approval.
There is also the requirement to provide an analysis and reporting system that allows to perform an integrated analysis on the process to support operations and audits (i.e. Financial Audit, Internal Control, ISO 27001). Such reporting system will have to integrate data coming from both systems.
- Deployed Omnia
- Documented and published Software Lifecycle processes with all the support documentation
- Bidirectional Integration with external Service Management System using web services to exchange process data and documents for SW test Execution documents
- Integration with Active Directory for user authorization and retrieve data on users and organization
- Automate processes on Omnia Platform
- Defined performance dashboards
- Activated an integrated reporting system based on Omnia Technology
- All interested parties can access the Omnia interface to create and approve requests/tests
- Approved request are automatically submitted to the Service Management tool
- It is no longer necessary to manually synchronize information in the two systems
- Data on the Final Users interface is always up-to-date
- Process performance under control
- Inefficiencies removed (due to manual synchronization of the two systems, etc.)
- Availability of a centralized platform for data analysis on all the systems involved, open to add also reports and dashboards from other systems, in order to act as a unique, centralized, report center
- Identification and measure of KPIs